Social Media Marketing 101 (Best For Beginners)
If you are here to know how to start social media marketing for your business then you are reading the right article.
Here in this article we are going to give you some of the most amazing information and tips on what actually social media marketing is, which social media platform you should prefer for your business and how to do social media marketing for your business.
What Is Social Media Marketing (SMM)?
Social Media Marketing is a way to promote your businesses, products and service on social media platforms by posting engaging images, videos and content on your social media handles.
SMM is one of the best way to grow your audience, connect with them and resolve all their queries in an easy manner.
What Platforms Are Mostly Used In Social Media Marketing?
There are many social media platforms which you can use to promote your business, services, products to a large number of audience but the most famous ones which almost every social media marketer use are listed below:
Let us now understand how to do marketing on these platforms.
1. Facebook Marketing
Facebook is one of the most widely used social media platform by users. Around 2.7 billion of users are present on Facebook.
In order to promote your business or services on Facebook you need to follow the below given steps:
- Create and Setup A Facebook Business Page.
- Invite All Your Friends and Family Members To Like and Share Your Page.
- Create Facebook Marketing Strategy.
- Start Posting Content On Your Facebook Page. The Content Can Be In The Form of Text, Image, Video, Meme, etc.
- Share Your Page Posts in Relevant Facebook Groups To Increase The Organic Reach of Your Posts.
- Start Tracking The Page Analytics via Facebook Analytics.
- You Can Even Run Paid Ads on Facebook Using Facebook Ads Manager.
Must See: Best Times To Post On Facebook In 2021
2. Instagram Marketing
With over 1 billion active users, Instagram is the 2nd most used social media platform after Facebook.
Instagram is mostly used by Influencers, Food Bloggers, Makeup Artists and Individuals who are selling products to their customers online and offline.
To promote your business or sell your products on Instagram you need to follow the below given steps:
- Create and Setup an Instagram Account.
- Write An Eye Catchy Bio For Your Profile.
- Create Your Instagram Marketing Strategy.
- Start Posting Content On Your Instagram Account. The Content Can Be In The Form of Image, Short Video, IGTV, Meme, Story, etc.
- Use Proper Hashtags and Mentions In Every Post To Increase Its Organic Reach.
- Make A Strategy To Increase Your Followers.
- Start Tracking The Post and Account Analytics via Instagram Insights Section.
- You Can Even Run Paid Ads on Instagram Using Facebook Ads Manager And Choosing Instagram Only So That Your Ads Will Show Only On Instagram.
Do Give A Read: 5 Reasons Why Brands Should Make Use Of Instagram
3. Twitter Marketing
With over 145 million active users tweeting more than 550 million tweets on daily basis, Twitter is one of the most used social media platform when it comes to social media marketing.
Twitter is mostly used by business professionals, bloggers, marketers and individuals who have a product or service to sell to their audience.
To promote your business or sell your products on Twitter you need to follow the below given steps:
- Create and Setup a Twitter Account.
- Publish a Good Profile and Cover Pciture On Your Twitter Profile.
- Create Your Own Customized Twitter Marketing Strategy.
- Start Posting Content On Your Twitter Account. The Content Can Be In The Form of Image, Video, Meme, GIFs, Polls etc.
- You Should Use A Proper Hashtag Strategy To Increase The Organic Reach of Every Post.
- Make A Strategy To Increase Your Twitter Followers.
- Start Tracking The Post and Account Analytics via Twitter Analytics.
- You Can Even Run Paid Ads on Twitter Using Twitter Ads Manager By Setting Up Your Ads Account.
4. LinkedIn Marketing
With over 722 million active users, LinkedIn is the 3rd most used social media platform. This platform is mostly used by business professionals and job seekers. But, LinkedIn is not just limited to this.
Out of all the B2B leads generated from social media handles, 81% of them are from LinkedIn only.
To generate B2B leads for your business from LinkedIn you need to follow the below given steps:
- Create and Setup Your Business Page on LinkedIn
- Choose Your Business Type.
- Fill Up All The Required Page Details.
- Find Your Target Audience.
- Create A Highly Effective LinkedIn Marketing Strategy For Your Brand.
- Publish High Quality Content on Your LinkedIn Page.
- Use Proper Hashtags To Increase Your Post’s Organic Reach.
- Make Sure To Include Your CTA Link In Your Posts.
- Keep Your Audience and Customers Updated By Your Posts.
- Make Sure To Build Connections and Relationships Over LinkedIn.
Here Is How To Make Most From Social Media Marketing For Your Business